Here’s a quick summary of the Nicklaus Course remodel at Reunion Resort.
The huge project is already well under way and thankfully, we now have a glimpse of the layouts of the two new holes, the clubhouse and the practice amenities.
As you probably saw in the post from June, there’s an unbelievable amount of dirt being moved to make way for the long awaited upgrade, to what is probably the most beautiful of Reunion’s 3 PGA courses.
We’ve marked up the aerial rendering to show some of the previous features, in relation to the new.
One thing you will notice are the large areas of prime land surrounding the Sinclair Rd gatehouse and the intersection between Grand Traverse Parkway and Tradition Boulevard.
It’s expected that further homes will be developed in this area, although we’ve not managed to confirm anything at this point.
As soon as we know more, we will share it here.
The Nicklaus Course Redevelopment At A Glance
17th Hole Details
- Par 4 – 396 yds
- (Was Par 4 – 413yds)
- Large sand hazard from the tee
- Narrow fairway – slight rolling undulations
- Large sand hazard approaching the slightly elevated green
- Big penalties if you ‘over club’ the approach shot – drop off and sand hazards.
18th Hole Details
- Par 5 – 568 yds
- (Was Par 5 – 576 yds)
- Tee shot over water – should not affect most players
- Nicely undulating
- Narrow fairways will challenge most players
- Lots of gentle banking along the fairway
- Challenging approach shot requires precision.
- The green is bunkered in three places.
- Total reduction in course length is 25 yds
- The area previously occupied by ‘the tent’ looks set to become housing
- The area behind the grand Traverse Parkway looks set to become housing
- The area between the previous driving range and the gatehouse looks set to become housing
- A new clubhouse – much smaller than the main clubhouse
- No clubhouse details as yet (food/bar etc)
- New practice greens
- New short game practice area
- New driving range
The official word on timing – From the Reunion Members’ website
Nicklaus Driving Range Now Closed
It is scheduled to reopen in late September, construction permitting.
Thursday, May 28 – Sunday, November 1
17th and 18th holes will remain closed.
Course set up will be as follows:
Hole 15 is number 1; After you play 15 and 16, you will then proceed
to hole number 1 and play 1-16 for your 18 hole game.