UPDATE January 2019
Amazingly, there has been a U-Turn by Encore and their original plans to create a ‘residential only’ community on the Bear’s Den 17th has been scrapped before the first homes went in.
The change of strategy by the developer may well come on the heels of a series of homes sold over on the original 18th fairway of the Bear’s Den Club.
We will of course keep you posted!
With around 100 families calling Reunion Resort their permanent residential home, and a similar number with secondary, personal use homes in the 3 PGA course community, there’s clearly a passion to put down some roots in this sun drenched golf paradise near Disney!
While the success of the vacation rental market roars on, with no signs of change, home buyers might be intrigued to learn of a new gated community that will take shape this year on the 17th fairway of the Jack Nicklaus course.
Here’s what we are talking about at a glance on Phase 2 of the Bear’s Den by Encore;
- Bear’s Den by Encore (formerly known as the Bear’s Den Club)
- Phase 1 on the 18th, allows short term and primary/secondary occupancy
- Phase 2 on the 17th allows primary/secondary occupancy only
- Phase 2 was once earmarked for townhomes – now single family homes only
- Phase 2 lots will be 50ft wide, and 160ft deep or longer
- 21 home sites in total
- 18 lots lie within a gated community
- 3 further lots will be individually gated properties along Grand Traverse Pkwy
- Semi Custom homes will be available on all lots
- Floor plans range between 3,800sqft and 5,200sqft
- Semi custom homes will rise from just under $1m upwards
- All homes will include summer kitchens, pools, spa, travertine, Jenn-Air Appliances and more
- Short term rental homes are still available for purchase over on the 18th fairway of the Bear’s Den with Luxury Golf Course Homesites starting from the 350’s
- View our latest aerial video of the Bear’s Den at Reunion
The roll out of the new residential only community offers a new twist to Reunion Resort that will be well received within the real estate community and buyers.
Adding new products is always a key to success in any development that targets a discerning client and the Encore team appear to have hit onto an often talked about niche market here within central Florida.
Reunion Resort continues to evolve, and that is no easy task when you’ve successfully been the jewel in the crown of the luxury real estate market for over a decade!
For more information on owning a home within Reunion Resort’s Bear’s Den by Encore, please contact us for further details, pricing and availability!
Further Reading About the Bear’s Den at Reunion
- Bear’s Den Video Update – January 2017
- Bear’s Den Video Update – March 2017
- Clubhouse Emerges on the Jack Nicklaus Course – June 2017
- Nicklaus Clubhouse Video Update – January 2018
- Nicklaus Clubhouse Video Update – May 2018
- Residential Homes for Bear’s Den 17th Fairway Community – This article
- Bear’s Den Reunion Video Update – August 2018