Here’s an update from Reunion Resort’s new owners; Kingwood regarding the end of Reunion Resort’s Houseguest Policy for owners in the many non Resort rental programs.
Happy New Year to everyone, looks like 2020 is going to be interesting!
Quoted email dated Dec 27th 2019
Dear Reunion Owners,
Kingwood International Resorts has been the proud owner/operator of Reunion Resort & Golf Club since February of this year. In that time period we completed extensive analysis in determining what is needed to make Reunion Resort one of the top destinations. Our vision and future improvements planned for Reunion will further position the property as one of the most desirable clubs and destination resorts and set us apart from the rest.
Real Estate Growth & Membership Availability
As you are aware, we are going through extensive real estate growth with the addition of new construction throughout the Resort. As we grow, we unfortunately will not have enough memberships for every property owner or future property owner to be able to acquire a membership.
For existing property owners who do not have a membership, we are providing the opportunity to obtain one through February 29, 2020. Club memberships will not be available for purchase, to the current owner, or your properties future owners after February 29, 2020.
Our vision for future expansion plans for the resort are among the most exciting growth opportunities in Reunion Resort’s history, including:
• 10-acre crystal lagoon with 3,000 feet of shoreline, light craft dockage and a water sport activities and rental center
• Expansion of our waterpark to include a dual mode surf, wave pool, a variety of slides and a FlowRider® sheet wave machine
• A 4-Star hotel and amenities surrounding the crystal lagoon
• Amphitheater for concerts and entertainment with capacity to host up to 10,000 attendees
• Miniature golf course featuring signature holes designed after Reunion’s Nicklaus, Palmer and Watson golf courses
• Two-story enclosed practice range accommodating single players, groups and families, including food and beverage service, pro shop, fitting center, a golf academy and meeting areas for groups
• 150,000 square foot state-of-the-art conference center
• 1,000-seat indoor movie theater and performing arts stage
• New deck and parking structures to accommodate up to 1,600 vehicles
• Brand new fully equipped 8,000 sq.ft. Spa facility
• Two new gated residential developments comprised of homes from $1.2 million and up
• The Sand Bar – a lagoon side, air-conditioned glass building featuring casual dining with draw back ceiling to allow unimpeded stargazing with your feet in the sand.
• The Stage at Reunion – full-service indoor/outdoor balcony dining overlooking the events at the amphitheater stage
• Practice Range Bar & Grill – casual dining with sweeping views of our new range, including private rooms for gatherings and meetings
• The Surfers Cove – a two-level casual dining experience overlooking the FlowRider® sheet wave machine and surf/wave pool
New Rental Management Partnerships
Our Club amenities are for Reunion members and official resort guests only. The Resort has had many challenges over the years with guests that have not booked directly with us and were under the impression that they had access to all our amenities at the Resort.
This caused confusion and disappointment which resulted in negative experiences that have adversely affected our reputation in the past.
We are fully committed to protecting the exclusivity of Club amenity access.
To that end, we will aggressively ensure that only Club members, or those who book directly with Reunion, or with a preferred rental partner, will have access to our amenities.
Effective January 1, 2020, Houseguest days will no longer be available.
Moving forward, we will partner with a select number of management companies who will be “Preferred Rental Partners” of the Resort and will comply with our service standard requirements. Reunion property owners who work with these management companies will be required to have a Club Membership in order to allow their guests unlimited access to our amenities. We believe such measures will ultimately protect our Members’ investments in Reunion Resort & Golf Club.
We are also pleased to announce an exclusive partnership with Marriott International Homes & Villas. This program allows over 120 million Marriott Bonvoy members access to selected homes and villas through Reunion & its Preferred partners. To qualify for the Marriott program, your property must meet Marriott standards and have a Club Membership. Unlimited access to all the Resort amenities is a requirement for Marriott International Homes & Villas and bookings.
We are delighted to unveil our new membership program, and we believe everyone will be excited to see the enhanced benefits of being a Club member. The new membership levels will be Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Current Golf Members will automatically be upgraded to the Platinum level, while current Social Members will become Gold Members. If you are in the Reunion Rental Program and are currently receiving a membership discount, you will become a Silver Member.
Please contact the Membership Office to upgrade your current membership and take additional advantage of being a Reunion Resort & Golf Club Platinum Member.
New membership cards will be issued to all members in the near future to ensure select access to amenities and allow you to receive the appropriate benefits for your chosen membership level.
We hope that you are as enthusiastic about this next chapter in the history of Reunion as we are.
Kingwood International Resorts